GP Patient Survey
The GP Patient Survey is an independent survey run by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England. The latest survey ran from 2nd January to 6th April 2018.
We were delighted with the results and thank all those that responded. The full results can be found on the Ipsos MORI website GP Patient Survey.
A summary of the results are as follows:
- 100% of respondents said they find our receptionists helpful
- 97% said their experience of making an appointment was good
- 87% said they are satisfied with the GP appointment times available
- 89% said they were offered a choice of appointment
- 83% said they always/most of the time can see or speak to their preferred GP
- 92% said the health care professional gave them enough time
- 95% said the health care professional was good at listening
- 98% said they had confidence and trust in the health care professional they saw or spoke to
- 99% said their needs were met in their last GP appointment
- 84% said they had to wait up to 15 minutes for their appointment; and 16% had to wait more than 15 minutes
- 93% said their overall experience of our GP practice is good; and 0% said it was poor.
We are working with our Patient Participation Group on the actions from the survey. These include:
- Promoting online services - only 31% knew they could book appointments online; and 28% order prescriptions online
- Promoting the services offered by other NHS and non-NHS organisations - only 8% spoke to a pharmacist before booking an appointment; 23% tried to treat themselves; 1% went to another NHS service; 3% went to a non-NHS service; 2% called an NHS helpline; and 20% looked online
- Supporting patients with long term conditions.
Friends and Family
We regularly ask patients by text message or in the waiting room if they would recommend our GP Practice to friends and family. The latest results are as follows:
- January 2018 - 95% of respondents would recommend us to friends and family
- February 2018 - 95%
- March 2018 - 99%
- April 2018 - 97%
- May 2018 - 96%
- June 2918 - 95%
- July 2018 - 95%
- August 2018 - 94%
- September 2018 - 94%
- October 2018 - 96%
Patients can feedback on our services. The latest feedback includes:
- Parking - we recognise that parking is difficult at both Oldwood and Battle Health Centre. We are looking at ways to improve this and will feedback soon.
- Waiting times - we appreciate that waiting times can sometimes be long. Appointments are 10 minutes per patient but depending upon the problem being discussed, some patients require longer. Patients are being asked to say at the start of their appointment if they have more than one problem they wish to discuss so the GP can assess if it can all be dealt with in one appointment or if the patient is better to book a second appointment to discuss the other issues.